Sunday, September 8, 2024

To Be a Fool and Black



To be a fool and black,

Is to be deceived by those you hold near,

Misled by the words you’d longed to hear,

To be duped for your skin, for your stature so slight,

Tricked by the darkness that cloaks the night.


To be naive and black,

Is to be betrayed by those you trust,

Hoodwinked by promises that turn to dust,

To be conned for your dreams, for your hopeful sight,

Swindled by the shadows that steal the light.


Yet in the face of deceit, I stand tall,

With a heart that endures, I face it all.

For every trick and every slight,

I find my strength, my inner light.


For to be a fool and black is to rise above,

To find in the shadows, a boundless love.

                                                                --Sharath

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Be a Fool and Black

To be a fool and black, Is to be deceived by those you hold near, Misled by the words you’d longed to hear, To be duped for your skin, for y...